Am I Getting a Fair Amount For My Richmond VA Car Accident Injury Case?
Maybe you’ve been involved in a car accident in Virginia and decided to file a claim on your own without the help of a car accident attorney. Now you’ve received an offer from the insurance company, but you’re unsure of the amount. Yes, it may seem like a great offer, but oftentimes that initial offer is still pretty low. Keep in mind that insurance adjusters are in the business of saving money for the company they work for.
So, what is a fair amount? Well, it depends on a variety of factors including:
- Damage to your vehicle
- How much your medical bills are
- How much more you may have to spend for ongoing medical care if you were severely injured
- Any loss of wages because of hospitalization and bed rest
- Any loss of wages your spouse or loved one may face in order to take care of you
- Physical therapy costs
- Emotional pain and suffering. Don’t just think about the pain and suffering now. Also consider what you may experience in the future if the injury is severe.
Negotiating with the insurance company can be a hassle, but be firm in your counter offer. However, if all of this seems too much to handle, it may be in your best interest to contact a Richmond Virginia car accident lawyer who specializes in these types of cases. You don’t have to hire a lawyer to settle your case, but if you don’t feel comfortable negotiating with the insurance adjusters, then it might be better to have someone act on your behalf who has the confidence and experience.